The role encompasses the planning and installation of security systems and associated equipment, including subcontracted works, the management of health and safety around these site-based installations, managerial and customer service duties relating to installations
GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
• To adhere to company procedures and health and safety policies
• To adhere to administrative and personnel procedures
• To act in a professional manner with customers and suppliers of Clarion.
• To wear Clarion’s uniform during working hours.
• To maintain Clarion’s equipment in good working order.
• To provide a high level of customer service at all times, through professional behaviour and communication.
• To maintain an up-to-date electronic diary
PLANNING OF WORK
• Review specification, drawing(s) and all job pack documentation provided by Sales Admin
• Arrange for a review meeting with the Sales Surveyor should any areas require further clarification before further action is taken
• Assess labour requirements in order to book Clarion Engineers via the Works Planner system, or to place orders with sub-contractors via the Purchasing system
• Assess equipment schedule against specification & put the bill of materials to the Purchasing Manager for processing, advising of the delivery address and delivery programme (dates).
• Depending on the system(s) arrange for the commissioning element by a competent person; the work planner must be updated accordingly
• Make provision for training delivery after commissioning
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Prepare risk assessments and method statements and/or Construction Phase Plans for the work, allowing for a site visit if necessary
• Ensure engineers and subcontractors are provided with the H&S information
• Ensure First Aid facilities and emergency procedures are discussed at induction
• Forward Health and safety documentation to the Client on request
• Distribute installation tasks and ensure installations are carried out to specification
• Provide each engineer with clear instructions & times scales in line with the specification schedule of work
• Carry out installation work as part of the engineering team
• Control progress of work daily & record
• Commission system as per NSI standards and Clarion procedure
• Ensure training is delivered and signed for to/by the Client
• Compile final documentation which includes As build specification, maintenance schedule, O&M manuals (if required), systems checklist, system readings, handover certificate, training certificate and deliver to Sale admin for invoicing
• To randomly check engineer’s work and carry out site inspections (4 x per annum) including on subcontract work
• To attend management & progress meetings as required and keep an accurate record
• To support and encourage skill development of the Clarion staff where possible and record.
• To update Sales admin and Engineering Manager weekly on the progress of work
• To pre-empt potential issues and take preventive action.
• To take corrective action where required in case of product failure, process failure or any other unexpected breakdowns.
• To report to the Engineering manager any Personnel, customer service or health and safety issues immediately
• To participate to call out rotor (first or second line of support as required).
• To ensure customer enquiries are dealt with promptly and in a professional manner
• To forward quotations requests to Sales administration without delay
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Project management qualifications such as Prince 2 Foundation
- 5 years of professional experience in site management
- H&S qualifications such as CITB SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
- Leadership and team-building skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate and communicate assertively
- Able to cope with pressure
- Result-driven with a good eye for quality
- Financially aware
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory DBS and BS-7858 checks.
If you are interested in working within a small, proactive and technology-driven team, we would absolutely love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com with your CV.