We are delighted to announce that we have passed the ISO 27001 re-certification this month.
ISO 27001 is the international standard that lays out the specifications for implementing an information security management system (ISMS) in order to manage information securely.
It is audited by an independent certification body to assess whether we conform to the standard’s requirements.
Laura, Business Support Manager, and Sophie, Head Of Finance and Administration, have worked tirelessly to get this over the line, as well as juggling many other important tasks.
A fantastic effort from them both!
Why should you choose a security systems company that is ISO 27001 accredited?
Achieving ISO 27001 certification is no easy feat. It shows that a business has:
- Put processes in place to protect information from getting into unauthorised hands
- Assessed the risk of a breach and mitigated these factors
- Ensured that all information is correct and that it can only be changed by authorised persons
- Been independently assessed based on internal standards
We have demonstrated that we have identified information risks and put into place controls to limit any potential damage.
Benefits of an ISO 27001 accredited company include:
- Increased resilience as a business
- Increased reliability and security of information and systems in place
- Increased confidence of customers
- Increased alignment with the requirements of customers
- Improved management processes and risk strategies
ISO 27001 Audit Checklist
Some of the stages that we have gone through to become ISO 27001 certified are below:
- Planning & Risk Management
- Leadership, training and competence
- Performance Evaluation
- Document Management
- Information Security Management System
- Information Security Management System Policy
- Corrective action and improvement
- Internal Audit
- Management Review