Clarion is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Clarion’s professional activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and promote good sustainability practices, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities, and to help our clients to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable and possible, all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practice
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions and designs
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities
- To make clients, contractors, and suppliers (where possible) aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put these principles into practice, we will:
- Where possible, if acceptable to our clients, use teleconferencing, video conferencing or webcams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips when visiting clients. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements where applicable at the Director’s discretion
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example, by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste
- As far as possible, arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies, and redundant equipment
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and practicing good housekeeping
- Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy. Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes
- Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or from well-managed sustainable sources
- Purchase Fairtrade and/or organic products when possible
- Ensure that any subcontractors, suppliers, or designers that we employ take account of sustainability issues
- Strive to achieve a more paperless office. To this end, several document management systems have been developed that allow employees and customers retrieve and transmit documents electronically, e.g. PODs Invoices, etc.